For some reason I made this morning's appointment for 7:30, why I have no idea, as I am not a morning person and it just made my return trip (going with the flow of rush hour) that much longer. Fletcher was snuggled up next to me sleeping soundly when the alarm went off (yes, he still sleeps in our bed) and the last thing I wanted to do was head down to the lab to get my blood drawn and be violated (as Angie described it) by the "magic wand."
The appointment went well. Had a number of good-sized follicles on the right, and only 3 decent ones on the left. Diameters ranging from 19mm to 10mm, but quite a few in the 17mm to 19mm range. Marge was happy, but she thought I better come in tomorrow morning for one last look and then do my trigger shot on either Wednesday, for a Friday retrieval, or Thursday, for a Saturday retrieval. This shot is done as an intramuscular injection, so it is a little more tricky (and the needle much larger) than all my sub-q injections up until then, but I gave myself intramuscular injections of progesterone every day for about 13 weeks when I was pregnant with Fletcher, so I think I can handle this one (and yes, if you were wondering, if Angie does get pregnant, she will have to give herself the same type of shots every day for 13 weeks... have I mentioned how much I love my sister lately?).
Marge just called with my lab results. Estrodial is 2499. I wish I could compare to my last cycles (which were 2254 and 2235 at the second scan) but I have been stimming for an extra day at this cycles blood draw relative to the last cycles, so they aren't an accurate comparison. I tried to ask Marge about relative estrodial levels, and she saw through me to what I was really getting at and said that she is hoping to get roughly 9 mature eggs this cycle. Turns out the RE was happy enough with my E2 level that she didn't feel like I needed to come in tomorrow. I am going to just stay on my typical shot doses for tonight and tomorrow morning, and she will call me tomorrow afternoon and give me the exact time I need to trigger.
Okay, I am officially starting to get nervous.
1 comment:
I haven't read through the flashbacks yet (you've been busy!) but plan to. I've read and re-read your blog and have gone from happy to sad to excited to nervous, all with quite a few laughs in between. Thank you for sharing all of this with us! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for more good news. lovin you, sara
Post a Comment