Monday, October 6, 2008

Second Beta

Angie's second beta at 12dp5dt came in at 463, so still going strong. As I mentioned in my last post, she will go in for her final beta on Wednesday, and assuming things look good, they will schedule the ultrasound to see how many embryos implanted and how everything looks (whether there is one or more gestational sacs and/or fetal poles, not sure if you can see the heart beat at this time). You can't definitively tell if there is multiples from hCG tests, but according to the chart I found online, her numbers indicate a strong singleton pregnancy.


Here is the same chart from the cycle in which I conceived Fletcher, not that it really makes any difference. I had my betas during the Fletcher cycle a little earlier, but it looks like it was on about the same curve.

I did see one website that indicated higher hCG numbers may mean it is a girl, but obviously, as Fletcher is a boy, that isn't always the case. Angie thinks it is a girl because she is feeling nauseous. I thought she felt sick with the boys, too, but maybe not this early. Who knows, all those drugs really do a number on your hormones.

I am still too afraid to get my hopes up too high, but I am really feeling good about this. You know, one thing I have learned in the past couple of years is that you should take every opportunity to be happy. Whether or not I enjoy this good news will not have a bearing on whether this pregnancy will develop or continue to term, so darn it, I will be happy about this. And yes, that last sentence was a pep talk to myself.

4 comments:

Catherine Evans said...

YEAH!!!! I've been neurotically clicking "refresh" since I got back to my office. What wonderful news! You deserve some happy news, so I absolutely agree that you should relish it. Wow!!! Better start preparing Fletcher for being a big brother!

Kimberly said...

Here's hoping!

beth said...

then I am happy too

Unknown said...

I'm very happy! Hope the trend continues tomorrow.